Saturday, September 09, 2006

You love me, you really love me!

Well it's obvious my former students miss me. I know they do because they are all emailing me now. Their letters are very similiar. They read something like this:


Dear Mrs. Abigail,
Hi. How are you? How is Denver? I hope you are getting settled in. How is the baby? Well, thanks to you I got a [3,4, or 5] on the AP exam. Thank you for teaching me!

Also, I was wondering, if you aren't too busy, would you be willing to write me a letter of recommendation?

Sincerely [or some other awkward closing],
former student


Really, I don't mind it. I had assured them before I left that I would help with the recommendations. It's a small way for me to stay connected with students and they are great kids so I'm glad to help. The only problem is that I am having terrible pregnancy induced carpal tunnel (turns out it is a real ailment) so typing isn't so much fun right now. But if I work a little at a time I think I should be able to manage it.