Sunday, March 19, 2006

Why it's sometimes not convenient to live where you work

I can't believe it took me this long to blog about this. Last week one of my top ten teaching fears came true...

I have not been in a Victoria's Secret in years, probably about five years actually. We boycotted them after their commercials and prime time "modeling" shows got out of hand. But I was desperate and my normal bargain undies place had nothing to offer.

So I headed to VS to see if they still had the 5 for 25 deal I remembered from so long ago. They did. And I spent a long time picking out the exact five I wanted. Then, I headed to the front of the store where the cashier was. As I scanned the store, there she was...one of the students from my 7th period class. I'm not sure if I was more afraid of her seeing me with my undies or me seeing what she had picked out. That is an image I try to avoid, despite the trendy best efforts of all my students to show off their favorite hot pink thongs under their low-rise jeans.

I turned back around, set my selections on a counter and headed out the side entrance to the VS bath and body section. I didn't go back. I got a 3 pack on sale at Target yesterday.