Sunday, February 05, 2006

A not-so-typical month here

What's going on in my life? Well, thanks for asking.

1. The student teacher started this past week. This was nearly a month before I was TOLD he would start. I was TOLD incorrectly. I think he's going to be okay, but it's really too soon to tell. He teaches his first lesson tomorrow.

2. I have officially finished my first IVF cycle. Now we wait.

3. DH has gotten two job offers. One is close to family, but at an average school in rural Texas. The other is in Colorado (which is honestly, a state I THINK I would like) at a good school, but close to no one that we know. We have to decide by this Friday. We will spend a half hour deciding where to eat dinner, people. Decisions are not our thing. I can honestly say that this is excruitiating. I hate it. And instead of focusing on the fact that he's got two tenure-track offers and all those great things, I feel like I am in a lose-lose situation.

4. We will begin AP review sessions in the next few weeks.

5. The cat has officially been living with us four years this month. We got her during the 2002 Olympics. She is named after one of the skeleton athletes -- Shea.