Monday, January 09, 2006

There are less than 4 months until the AP Exam

I can't believe I am already more than halfway to the AP US exam. Content-wise, I am just now halfway there though. We test on Reconstruction this week.

Most of the time things hum along with me crunching every night to have notes together. We have good discussions during class. Next day, repeat. So, about 90% of the time I am fine because I too wrapped up in the cycle. But every once in a while I have a total panic attack. I see something on a practice test that I didn't teach or the other AP teacher refers to a topic I don't know much about, etc etc. And suddenly I am flooded with fear. What if none of my students pass the exam?

These feelings are common I know. Dh has dealt with the same issues. Some days you just feel like a total fraud and fear it is just a matter time before you get found out. But it passes, thankfully.