Tuesday, December 13, 2005

All dressed up with no one to teach

I was officially tenured last February so now I only have two observations a year. Today was my first of the year. Our observations tend to be like pep rallies. They tell us a few things to work on but are overall very positive. Still, it had been a while since I had been observed and this would be my first one for an AP class. So I was a tad nervous, but not much. Our observations include the principal, asst principal, and department head. Well, the principal had a meeting and the asst principal was sick, so it was just my 20 students (I know I know -- so lucky), my department chair, and me. It was a relief but also a little dissappointing. I spent so much time preparing the lesson and then there was no one to really enjoy it.

Well, it was fine anyway. The kids did well and the department head learned a thing or two.