Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ho! Ho! Ho? No! No! No!

One of my good co-worker friends has a first date for a fancy black-tie gala next weekend. So we spent SIX HOURS shopping yesterday for the correct shoes. Every store we went in had Christmas decorations and Christmas music. This was annoying, but not shocking.

BUT, one mall already had their Santa out and there were long lines of children. This is unacceptable. Doesn't everyone know that Santa doesn't come out until the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? That is his official debut folks. This is too early.

I am considering making posters and going up to protest. I could make signs that say "Hey kids! This is a FAKE Santa. The real one doesn't come out until after Thanksgiving!" What do you think. Who's with me?

Of course, I still win, because all of those parents have just gotten their kids all excited about Santa coming when he won't be here for another month and a half. Do you know how long that is in kid time?