Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bloglines Pros and Cons

I'm sure some of you are already familiar with Bloglines and all its glory. If not, you should check it out. Bloglines basically gives you one central place to read all your favorite blogs. It updates automatically so there's no constant checking back needed. You can read just excerpts from posts or expand them into a view of the entire post.

But, there are two things that bother me about using Bloglines. For one, I don't show up on people's stat counters. So, there is at least 1 less visitor counted every day even though I AM reading their blogs.

Secondly, it doesn't allow you to see comments. A post could inspire a comment war that goes on for days, but you won't have a clue if you are using Bloglines.

I still think it's worth it though.