Friday, August 05, 2005

Ugh.

Tuesday was dh's birthday. His father and brother had been in town and stayed long enough for cake and ice cream before heading back. I made a snickerdoodle cake with mocha icing. It was great. We went out to eat and had a great dinner. Later, we went to the Apple store to get dh a well-deserved powerbook (our first mac). I got an ipod out of the deal (one of the few financial perks of being married to a grad student is the student discount programs). We were riding high as we walked out of the Apple store with our haul.

Since then, nothing in my life has gone right. I. Mean. Nothing. All of my family is alive and in one piece and I guess I should be thankful for that but I am having a hard time keeping a positive outlook.

I try to keep this blog about education and knitting and other things listed in my subheading so I'll spare you the details for now. I just wanted to warn you that posting might be a little sparse over the next few days.

Next week I hope to start pumping myself up for the school year by sharing excerpts from this past year's student evaluations.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!