Friday, June 10, 2005

Go Spurs Go! (not you Ginoboli, you don't go anywhere)

The Spurs won last night. I only know this because I asked dh when he came to bed. I made it through the first half, but that's all I can muster because I'm on East Coast time and still getting up to teach in the morning.

Anyway, the first quarter was ugly ugly ugly. But, apparently, this is not what the Spurs should be worried about. According to a half-time feature by ABC, the Spurs should be worried about Ginoboli. Ginoboli is from Argentina and is going to be kidnapped. Or at least one of his family members is. If you saw the feature, you know what I am talking about. In a fashion only the American media can master, the story basically suggested it is just a matter of time before he or a loved one is kidnapped because it happens all the time in Argentina. It was absolutely hysteria-inducing. I'm sure 10 year-old boys are writing Ginoboli right now offerring to let him sleep in their house.

By the way, if something does happen to Ginoboli, I will permanently remove this post. You will never be able to prove it was here.