Saturday, May 28, 2005

My work here is done..

First off, Polski3 tagged me for a meme. I am fully aware. I had been watching everyone else do it and was so excited to get invited. And now here I am, a week later, and I still haven't responded. It is quite rude, I know, but it is the end of the school year. The end of the school year is a universal excuse for us teachers and for good reason. And because the school year is not actually over yet, I am still going to use it. I will post my responses soon. For now, I am cutting and pasting from an email I sent my parents. The San Antonio Spurs tip off in 20 minutes so I have to run. (I am a Rockets fan by birth, Spurs fan by marriage.) We don't have cable so we have to go sit in stinky bars to watch them play.

Here's my most recent news about our senior class, which includes about 400 students:

Just thought I would share with you the results for our seniors and where they are going to college.
Yale: 1
Notre Dame: 1
Harvard: 1
Dartmouth: 1
Princeton: 1
Rutgers: 1
Columbia:1
Cornell:1
NYU: 2
Duke: 1
Brown:1
Georgetown:1
Penn: 2
Also, 2 are going to Canada and 1 to Australia. I remember at my high school someone got into Notre Dame once. It was a big deal. [The school were I teach] also was ranked among the top .5 percent of schools by Newsweek a few months ago but if you ask me their study is a load of crap. The college acceptances are impressive to me, though. Students are going to schools in 28 different states, which is probably partly just about money, but also, I think shows a willingness to try new things. It is a good feeling that I taught some of these kids and now they could go on to great things.