Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A little about me...

I don't have much blogging inspiration tonight. I've used all my inspiration getting my next World History unit together. I actually have my students read a book, can you believe it?! Reading outside of English class, whoda thought? In the next few days I'll fill you in on what I do and how I do it. For now, a little information about me.

One of my friends forwarded me one of those "get to know you" emails a few days ago. I always ignore them but since it was a snow day I actually filled it out. Here are the questions and my replies, with personal information omitted.

1. What time is it? 8:19 pm
3. Nicknames: munchkin
4. Piercings: one in each ear. I used to have second holes in each but
they've closed up.
5. What is the most recent movie you've seen in the theater: The Aviator
6. Eye color: green mostly; it depends on what I'm wearing.
7. Where were you born? Clear Lake Humana Hospital; Clear Lake, Texas
8. Favorite foods: anything with cheese or chocolate
9. Ever been to Africa: No, Italy and Canada are the only foreign countries I've been to.
10. Ever been toilet papering? Oh yes. Many times. You could get 4 rolls
for 69 cents at Krogers. My high school girlfriends and I called ourselves
the paperdolls (with a logo and everything.) One time we papered a house in broad daylight!
11. Love someone so much it made you cry: sure
12. Been in a car accident: Yes. Once my sister drove into a parked car, just days after getting her license. One other time someone rear-ended me on the freeway feeder lane.
13. Croutons or bacon bits: croutons
14. Favorite day of the week: Sunday during a three day weekend or the summer
15. Favorite restaurant: Gringos Mexican Restaurant in Pearland, TX. The plato zapata comes with a chalupa, guacamole salad cheese enchiladas topped with cheese, and rice and beans. It's $6.50.
16. Favorite flower: tulips, any color
17. Favorite sport to watch: college football
18. Favorite drink: I drink water most of the time. Kahlua and milk would be second favorite.
19. Favorite ice cream: Marble Slab sweet cream in a choclate dipped waffle cone
20. Disney or Warner Brothers: Warner Bros, I guess. My children's literature class ruined Disney for me forever
21. Favorite fast food restaurant: Qdoba Burritos. Actually Freebirds is my favorite because they have spinach tortillas and refried beans, but since they are in Texas, that's not very fast is it?
22. How many times did you fail your drivers license test? Passed on the first try.
23. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail: ING telling me our savings account rate went up!
24. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card: Well, I'm not sure I would be able to enjoy myself knowing I had to pay it off, but it would probably be J.Jill.
25. What do you do most often when you are bored? Check the weather online
26. Bedtime: 9:30 sharp.
30. Favorite TV shows: Gilmore Girls and Cosby Show
31. Last person you went to dinner with? my husband
32. Ford or Chevy: If I have to choose among the two, Ford, but we own two Hondas.
33. What are you listening to right now: The "Not Jazz" playlist on my husband's mp3 player, currently Patty Griffin
34. What is your favorite color: blue
35. Lake, Ocean or river: ocean
36. How many tattoos do you have: ewww.
38. Time you finished this e-mail: 8:38 pm

If your blog-surfing hasn't been quenched, I suggest you head on over to the Education Wonks page, which just posted their weekly Education carnival. I'm not sure how they find time for it, being in the teaching profession and all, but it's a great blog overall.