Wednesday, February 02, 2005

If you're looking for a cheery teacher, she's not here

I'm in the February Funk. Anyone know what I'm talking about? No sun. No snow in sight. Spring Break is oh so far away. The education professors warn us about this. One of my profs actually encouraged us to start a "February File" of motivational readings and nice notes from students, etc. He gave us several cheesy poems to get us started.

When I whined to my husband, he pointed out that we have a holiday coming up and we have a mini-road tripped planned. So, I have that to look forward to, but it seems so far away! There are 60 mediocre DBQ's, a faculty meeting, a dentist appointment, a professional development workshop, interim grades, and an assembly standing between me and President's Day weekend.

I better go find that file!